Blackhill Bounders Committee Meeting
Tues. Dec. 6th 2011
Apologies: Nigel & Brian
• The minutes were accepted.
• Belle Vue is now to be the subject of a judicial review. Further action awaits the outcome of the review.
• Information on the Olympic Torch is eagerly awaited.
Committee Meeting Nov. 1st 2011.
• The minutes were accepted
Gibside Trail Race Report.
• The report was accepted.
• It was proposed that envelopes, stamps & address labels be provided by the club for all entries (not just online entries) next year at a cost of 41p.per runner to ease administration. This was accepted.
• It was proposed that the location of the First Aid be reviewed next year to a more accessible location for vehicle access. This was accepted.
• A cheque for £1800 has been passed to Gibside. As yet there has been no response from Gibside for a joint review meeting. Sue is following this up.
Consett 10K Race.
• A presentation & discussion was planned for the meeting. As the proposer did not attend this did not take place.
• The Tuesday club night & new Weds. 6p.m. run continue to be well attended & running relatively smoothly. Dave & Aiden reported that they were happy to continue to organise Tuesday night.
• There was some discussion of the approach towards new members starting for the first time. This matter is to be returned to at the next meeting.
• The needs of the slowest runner were reiterated to be the focus of the Weds.6p.m run. Those wishing to do a faster run should attend at 7p.m
There was discussion about the organisation of a club calendar. 3 elements were proposed:
1. Club Events.
• The date of the Snods 6 is now confirmed as May 16th. The Race Director needs to be confirmed.
• Anniversary Run Feb.18th.Dave is to be asked to look at the after run arrangements.
• A list is available on the club website with entry forms provided where possible. These are largely local events but not exclusively so.
3. Recommended races for club members.
• The aim here is to choose races which may appeal to groups of runners to enable cheaper transport to be organised & more enjoyable events for members. Upcoming events are:
Loftus Poultry Run Dec.18th. Transport is arranged for this.
Brass Monkey Jan 22nd. Entry deadline for this race has now passed. Aiden agreed to organise transport arrangements.
• There was discussion on further races for inclusion from January onwards. There was some support for the inclusion of the Wallington event in March. Members undertook to research possible races, particularly those from March to May & bring the results to the next meeting.
• We now have over 90 members with 5 recent new recruits.
• Shelagh is currently contacting existing members who have not paid subscriptions. Members are reminded that membership can be terminated if fees are not received by 31 January.
• UKA fees are now due so our bank balance will shortly be around £2000.
• Shelagh has received a stopped cheque from a Low Fell runner in our Gibside race. It was agreed that Shelagh should write to the runner requesting payment.
Social Secretary Report.
• Thanks to Dave C for organising his first event on Dec.2nd. This was highly enjoyable & worth repeating.
• He further reported that a buffet had been ordered for the Loftus event & he is looking to organise something around the Beamish winter festival in January. He is requesting ideas from members.
• It was agreed that the Brass monkey race may provide a further opportunity.
• It is hoped that members have seen the samples. Members are asked to contact Joy to place an order.
• This has been ordered from Running Imp. 3 quotes were obtained with the Running Imp price of £159.99 plus VAT being the most competitive. Payment was also more favourable with no deposit required & payment due after delivery.
• The issue of offering a trip away organised around a race was discussed. Suggestions included the Somme events & Inverness. Aiden undertook to do more research & to bring proposals to the next meeting.
• Mike reported he had received contact from Leisureworks over a number of subjects. These included the Derwentside Development Athletics Group (school based), free Leadership in Running Fitness courses through Run England & Club Durham. The latter is a county wide project to support clubs & attempt to fill gaps in provision.
• It was agreed that Mike should follow up the contact with Emma Lloyd at Leisureworks to find out more.
• Mike reported on upcoming UKA courses & the advisability of a rolling programme of members undertaking training courses.
• In view of the opportunity offered through Run England/Leisureworks it was agreed that Ian Y & Mike S would apply for the free courses & then report back for evaluation.
Date of Next Meeting: Mon. 9th Jan. 2012 at 19:30.