Joy Bell – Coach Assistant
Maresa Bell – Coach Assistant
Stewy Bell – Athletics Coach
Geordie Hughes – Coach Assistant
Michael McDonald – Coach Assistant
George McKay – Performance Coach: Sprints & Hurdles, Endurance, Steeplechase, Race Walking, Guide Runner.
UKA Official – Endurance Level 2, Photo Finish Level 2, Timekeeper Level 2, Endurance Timekeeper Level 1
Yvonne Walker -CiRF Off Track Endurance
Ian Young – CiRF Off Track Endurance, Guide Runner
Role of a Coach
- To identify, plan and evaluate the development needs of runners.
- To supervise Assistants or Leaders in the delivery of sessions or part sessions.
- To manage the safety and welfare of those under coach supervision.
- To educate runners about all aspects of competition.
Dave Anderson – LiRF
Stacey Bell – LiRF
Nigel Cook – LiRF
Rachael Hopps – LiRF
Aidan Hughes – LiRF
Amanda Phillips – LiRF
Stu Smith – LiRF
Mike Swainson – LiRF
Role of a Run Leader
- To plan sessions and deliver a safe and fun warm up and a cool down.
- Demonstration and supervision of effective stretching.
- The different types of activity that can make running varied and enjoyable.
- Leaders are qualified to lead sessions to athletes aged 12 years and older.
The club has a number of qualified leaders who have been on the Leadership in Running Fitness course; however, it is not always possible to ensure that running groups will be led by these individuals. Volunteers do not need to take this course to start leading groups on club runs members are already covered by the club’s insurance as part of their membership.
Anyone that would like to do any coaching or run leaders course can request via Club Secretary Stewy Bell firstname.lastname@example.org